The RA Automatic Transfer Switch is integrated with the RS series genset. These products are Listed to UL 1008, the Standard for Transfer Switch Safety. The switch and generator set combination is specifically designed for a simplified, quicker installation.
These UL 1008 switches are suitable for standby power systems in residential and light commercial applications. These RA products adhere to National Electrical Code (NEC) and National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) requirements.
The RA transfer switch monitors utility power 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. When utility power becomes unsatisfactory or fails; the generator set is signaled to start, then automatically transfers the load. When stable utility voltage returns, the transfer switch will automatically switch electrical load from the generator to the utility. No action is required by the home owner.
The RA switch is also available in Service Entrance models. A service entrance version is also UL 1008 listed and makes use of a UL 489 listed circuit breaker.
Mechanically Interlocked Contractor
UL 489 Listed Circuit Breaker
- Long-lif, high pressure, silver alloy contact resist burning and pitting
- A powerful and economical solenoid drives the mechanism
Solid Bus Bar Connection
Neutral and Ground Bar
- Between circuit breaker and transfer switch
Ease of Connection
- Fully reated
- Bonding jumper on neutral and ground
- Silver plated coper ground and neutral bus
- Solderless screw type terminals for external power connections